**Cardiac Anesthesiology opening in Altoona, PA**
~ Located 100 miles from Pittsburgh
- Seeking Board Eligible or Board Certified (within 5 years of completing residency/fellowship) Cardiac Anesthesiologist with Cardiac training to step into busy, fully established, practice.
- Full-Time, Permanent
- 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- The health system is a level 2 trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center. It provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health Systems medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- 11 anesthesiologist group practice that provides care to approximately 20,000 surgical patients per year.
- Case load includes: cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, ENT, urology, trauma surgery, thoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, vascular surgery and general surgery.
- Annual OB deliveries: 1,200.
- The anesthesia care settings include: 12 ORs, 1 cysto room, 1 lithotripsy room, 4 procedure room endoscopy suite, 2 C-Section ORs on the OB unit, 4 cath labs, and 2 interventional radiology suites: all in the main hospital; and a 6-OR ASC on the hospital campus.
- Additionally there are 30 CRNAs who work with the anesthesiologists.
- Competitive Compensation Package, Comprehensive Benefits Package includes health, dental, vision insurance; pension, generous CME allowance.
- The Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region is a family-oriented community with excellent school systems, abundant cultural amenities, easy access to larger, neighboring cities, and unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities.