This job is archived
Ready for your life's best work?
We are seeking a Specialty Clinic Medical Director to join our team in beautiful Albuquerque, NM.
- Leads and manages the operations of specific medical programs, patient clinics or company initiatives.
- Trains and supervises Lead Physicians engaged in specialty activities and procedures as appropriate. Provides financial leadership with a focus on value based care including HCC capture, Affordability initiatives, and Quality measures.
- Provides leadership coaching and developmental feedback to Lead Physicians and other clinicians throughout the year.
- Collaborate with ELT to implement an infrastructure and system in place to measure quality and provide timely data to physicians on their performance. Implement measurable quality indicators.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and manage Lead Physicians, other clinicians and support staff to meet the needs of the departments/clinics.
- Directs and integrates the activities of multiple and major projects; ensuring the project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the Medical Group’s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Represents the department to internal and external communities, business and industry, government, foundation and the general community. Promote and enhance the image of The Group, the department and participate in appropriate professional and academic organizations.
Our group is happy to call New Mexico home where we have the opportunity to provide value-based care for our community. The New Mexico landscape is more than just a desert; there are mountains for biking, forests for hiking, and riverside trails for running. With over 300 days of sunshine per year, it is the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast.
- Top 10 for "America’s Best Cities For Foodies" Travel + Leisure
- Top "Best Cities for Active Families" by Outdoor Magazine
- Top City with the Cleanest Air in America", Thrillist
- Top 5 for “Secretly Cool Cities”, Huffington Post
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)