Immediate ongoing Locum Primary Care/ Addiction Physician opportunity in beautiful West Palm Beach, FL. Palm Beach County is bigger than whole states (looking at you, Rhode Island and Delaware), which means we have lots of room to play. From wild animal encounters to water slides to epic mini-golf courses, you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy the seemingly endless activities and attractions in The Palm Beaches. The Palm Beaches are a favorite destination for PGA champions, but our mini-golf parks let little golfers get in on the action.
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for providing care in an well-known addiction recovery center. The inpatient center in Palm Beach County, situated in the tropical paradise of South Florida, specializes in substance abuse and mental health treatment for patients who need a flexible treatment model, providing counseling and other clinical services. Patients at our inpatient center may be taking their first steps in their recovery journey, or may be admitted to the outpatient level of care after completing the inpatient program.
This is an ongoing opportunity covering weekend admissions. Weekend appointments are scheduled in advance, so you will know what is on your schedule ahead of time. Will be working 8-15 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides evaluation and treatment to Recovery Center patients following evidence-based guidelines
- Provides direct patient care on an on-going basis within their scope of practice.
- Assesses patients
- Performs history & physical
- Determines from clinical assessment a diagnosis and coordinates care with specialists when needed.
- Teaches disease prevention and health wellness.
- Keeps updated in Medical Practice Specialty.
- Participates in continuing education programs (Topics should include areas of specialty practice)
- Completes hospital mandatory in-service program updates on an annual basis
- Graduate of an accredited AMA/AACOM approved medical school.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in a Family Medicine or Addiction Medicine
- Current Florida State License, Current BLS
- Easy weekend Schedule plus additional weekday hours available if flexible
- 1099 Position!
- 8-15 hours a week
- Covered Malpractice!
- Beautiful, Relaxing, Scenic Recovery Setting!
- Fantastic Compensation!
Apply today for immediate consideration! Call John Reinking at Palm Careers for more details on this, or other opportunities nationwide!