Part-Time Program Physician - Belen, NM
**Sign On Bonus Offered for Eligible Applicants and Offered for a Limited Time**
*Details to be Discussed during the Interview Process*
Recovery Services of New Mexico is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
Recovery Services of New Mexico, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. Recovery Services of New Mexico, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Primary Job Function:
- Admitting Patients for Methadone
- Physician will obtain a history and physical exam.
- Documentation into the EMR, entering orders for methadone dosing in the EMR or writing a buprenorphine prescription (soon this will be electronic, but we currently have a waiver to use written scripts while we are moving to a new EMR).
- Consistently monitoring patient dosages in conjunction with the Treatment Center Director, Counselors and Dosing Nurses.
- Consulting on patients that are high risk and doing annual medication reviews.
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Board Certified or Eligible in any Residency will be considered
- Boarded Certified or Eligible in Addiction Medicine
- Must be licensed in the State of NM
- At least 6 months of Addiction Medicine experience
- At least 6 months of Primary Care experience
- Must be able to sign off on NP/PA charts. Will be overseeing/working with Nurse Practitioners
What to expect from us:
Recovery Services of New Mexico a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
Recovery Services of New Mexico is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.