Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This south Florida Medical Center is seeking an Associate Program Director to join its established Internal Medicine Residency Program. The fully accredited 407-bed acute care facility provides award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, a Level II Trauma program, medical, surgical and cancer services.
Qualifications of the Associate program director must include:
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Able to obtain medical licensure in the State of Florida and medical staff privileges
- Possess and maintain current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Possess documented clinical and academic experience to ensure effective implementation of the
program requirements of internal medicine residency programs.
- Must be a clinician with a broad knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to internal medicine
as a discipline, and to the generalist training of residents
- Prior resident clinic experience and background in Research and QI strongly preferred
- Three Years of academic ACGME experience
- Specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to
the Review Committee
Responsibilities will include:
1. Oversees the residents clinical care of patients in their Continuity Clinic
2. Provides direct patient care both IP and OP setting.
3. Prepares and participates in lectures, curriculum development, resident evaluations, and when
appropriate writing letters of recommendation.
4. Oversee quality improvement for cancer screening, cardiovascular risk management, etc. and
Chronic disease management
5. Assists in overseeing the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply
Aventura is a planned, suburban city located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami in northeastern Miami-Dade County, Florida. The city name is from the Spanish word for "adventure", and was named "Aventura" after one of the developers of the original group of condominiums in the area remarked to the others, According to the U.S. Census estimates of 2010, the city had a population of 35,762.
During his twenty-three years representing the second largest hospital in Georgia, W. Asbury Stembridge, Jr., FACHE had a driving passion to provide the highest quality healthcare to his hometown Macon, GA. This passion energized his quest to find the most qualified physicians in the country to join his hospital staff and become valuable community members. Asbury recognized early on that successfu...