The Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Residency Program is seeking an experienced, innovative Program Director to lead and facilitate our residency program
- Supervise and facilitate a training program for 15 family medicine residents
- Opportunity to lead a vibrant community-based FM residency as part of a key strategic mission to develop FM physicians for north-central WI
- The program’s accreditation sponsorship is through WiNC GME Consortium, further supporting the program’s goal of training outstanding physicians to provide services to rural communities
- The residency program provides care primarily at the Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Clinic and Aspirus Wausau Hospital, located within minutes of each other
- This position is greatly supported by Aspirus Health, meaning we will surround you with highly qualified nursing and support staff, an extensive network of outstanding specialists, and a medical culture that shares an unyielding commitment to excellence
- Progressive Comp Plan to include Sign-On Bonus & Loan Repayment
- Flexible options available for clinical practice
- Previous experience in education and/or leadership required
- Must be Board Certified with the American Board of Family Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
About The Family Medicine Residency Program
The Aspirus Family Medicine Residency Program is a 5-5-5 citation-free program. The Program is housed at free-standing Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Clinic, steps away from the system flagship, Aspirus Wausau Hospital, and many specialty practices. Residents benefit from seeing a wide range of patients including rural, transgender, HIV positive, addiction medicine and pre-natal through geriatrics in a variety of patient care settings. Graduates successfully establish practices as hospitalists, outpatient and walk-in physicians – often staying in the Aspirus system.
In addition to providing traditional training, the Program prides itself on providing unique experiences to learners as evidenced by recently receiving an NRMP exception for an innovative curriculum allowing a Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)-Central Wisconsin student to match early into the Program and start establishing an outpatient panel at the residency clinic as a medical student. A rural training track, a medically assisted treatment program, and integrated behavioral health care model are also in development. The Program also partners with MCW Psychiatry Residents to provide in-patient medicine training.
Our program recently switched its accreditation sponsorship from the University of Wisconsin to WiNC (Wisconsin Northern and Central) Graduate Medical Education (GME) Consortium. The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin are both academic partners of the WiNC GME Consortium, expanding the faculty and resources available to the Aspirus Wausau Family Medicine Residency Program.
About Aspirus Health
As a growing community-based teaching system, Aspirus Health has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance for the 4th year in a row. We are an expanding system of 10 hospitals and 60 clinics spanning over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 470 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 604,000 lives. We recently acquired 7 additional hospitals, 21 clinics, and air and ground transport services and are integrating those institutions and team members into the Aspirus Health system.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is 10 minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including fishing water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit