This job is archived
Family Medicine - Residency Faculty (SA197509) Family Medicine Savannah
This large southeast GA medical center is seeking Family Medicine physician to accept Core Faculty positions in Savannah, GA. Exciting opportunity to be a part of growing a program that is focused on training residents in the Southeast to become full-scope family physicians. The program is a 6-6-6 program. The residency has been in existence since 1970 and will continue to serve the Savannah community for years to come. The position provides opportunities to teach residents and medical students through a partnership with Mercer University School of Medicine's 4-year Savannah campus.
We are interested in candidates willing to assume a leadership role in program development and building the family medicine continuity clinic. The faculty is responsible for the care of the patients in their practices through management of a personal panel of patients and the supervision of learners in the care of patients. Applicants must possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Georgia. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Function as a member of the Memorial University Medical family medicine faculty with responsibilities including:
• Didactic teaching on ambulatory topics
• Clinical supervision of residents in outpatient settings
• Provision of direct patient care in outpatient settings
• Serving as an advisor and role model for residents
• Learner remediation as required and directed by the program director
• Participation and leadership in quality improvement and patient safety activities
• Participation in program clinical competency and program evaluation committees.
• MD/DO degree
• Georgia Medical License or Eligible for Georgia Medical License
• DEA Certificate
• ABFM Board Certified
The Health system serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. In addition to MHUMC, our system includes primary and specialty care doctors, business services, and NurseOne, our 24-hour call center. We also have a major medical education program that trains residents in diagnostic radiology, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and surgery.
Known as the Hostess City of the South, Savannah offers a great coastal lifestyle, a pleasant climate, and one of the largest historical districts in the country.