Jacobi Medical Center is looking for an Ambulatory Academic Primary Care Physician:
- Flexible 40 hours/week including evenings and/or weekends,
- Off-hours coverage on a rotational basis,
- Medical evaluation of patients including history, physical examination, diagnostic testing, treatment plan, counseling, and referrals based on standards of care and EBM, for effective longitudinal, continuity and episodic care across the lifespan.
- Complete, reflective and timely documentation in the EMR.
- Prescription of medication and DME in accordance with New York State statutes.
- Review and sign off laboratory/study results with timely follow-up.
- Develop and implement Palliative care program in the outpatient setting.
- Create curriculum around end of life discussion (advanced directives/healthcare proxy) for the residency program.
- Educate and supervise trainees at all levels and collaborate with mid-level providers through recruitment, didactic activities, precepting, and mentoring.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, department and division meetings, and faculty development,
- Adherence to access, flow, productivity and quality standards.
- Participate in process improvement for access, quality, flow, patient experience, risk reduction, and financial viability in alignment with the goals of health and hospitals.
- Participate in developing/revising programs, policies and protocols for patient care aligned with patient centered medical home.
Clinical Research Expectations:
- Develop capabilities for clinical research and scholarly activity. Involvement in 1-2 scholarly research projects per year.
- Special projects as identified.