Plans, coordinates, delivers and manages comprehensive healthcare services for individuals requiring primary care case management, including but not limited to those enrolled in the NYS Medicaid Managed Care Program; ensures patient/provider continuity and access to timely and appropriate levels of care.
- Coordinates and manages their assigned panel of patient care across various levels of service. Where required by the practice, responsible for the supervision of mid-level providers.
- Direct participation in the twenty-four hour phone coverage for a reasonable number of primary care patients, which includes all of those in the Primary Care Physician's own panel of patients.
- Maintains a work schedule, including evenings, and weekends,that ensures availability and continuity of care.
- Arrange patient session schedules that allow for both scheduled and non-emergent unscheduled (walk-in) visits by their primary care patients.
- Participate in the inpatient care and follow-up of their primary care patients through admitting privileges in the appropriate department.
- Participate in inpatient teaching rounds as developed with the department.
- Participate in all administrative functions required by physicians in the practice including but not limited to the QA Committee and peer review. Prepares necessary documentation.
- Graduation from an approved Medical School
- Licensed to practice in New York State
- Completion of approved residency in the specialty and Board Certified or Eligible in either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Must meet the criteria for credentialing and privileging in the department as defined by the Medical Staff By-laws
- Must meet all NYS Medicaid Managed Care requirements