In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals, NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan provides care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
The Metropolitan Hospital Family Health Center, known as La Clínica del Barrio, offers access to the same high quality medical services as Metropolitan in a neighborhood setting. Founded in 1997, La Clínica’s bilingual staff makes sure that patients receive high-quality care in a welcoming and modern environment. La Clínica is located at 413 East 120th Street between First and Pleasant Avenues.
Purpose of Position:
Under general direction, performs or directly supervises the provision of the professional general or specialty medical work of ordinary difficulty. Performs all related work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guidelines.
- Successfully completes the mandatory one day HIPAA Training.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Gives guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Provides guidance and participates in the teaching of house staff, in staff conferences, and in research projects as directed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of a major segment within a medical service or medical program in a hospital or similar health facility; or assists the Chief of Service in the planning, organizing and directing of the entire medical service or medical program.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of the service.
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Possession of a valid license to practice in New York State
- Board Eligible or Board Certified Family Medicine
This position offers a generous salary, excellent benefits and Federal Loan Repayment Eligibility.
This exciting opportunity qualifies for state sponsored loan forgiveness programs and visa sponsorship! Candidates need to apply on their own for the loan forgiveness and all rules for the program apply.
Upcoming 2018 Graduates are welcome to apply!