Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Urgent Care Independent Physician Assistant to join our team in Springfield, MA. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Full licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- NCCPA certification
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- 2+ years of experience working independently as a Physician Assistant
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the area
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at [Register to View] .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.