First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System has an excellent opportunity for a Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with breast surgical experience to join a Breast Surgical Oncology group.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota Campus, with our flagship 901-bed, acute-care hospital and 8-story Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute Oncology Tower, is the only hospital in Sarasota County providing obstetrical services, pediatrics, Level III neonatal intensive care, psychiatric services for patients of all ages along with a Level II Trauma Center.
With the opening of Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice in fall 2021, we're able to provide south Sarasota County residents convenient access to the same level of care and 5-Star physicians, staff and systems available at our SMH-Sarasota Campus. SMH-Venice features 110 private rooms, a 28-room Emergency Care Center, 8 surgical suites, 10 birthing suites and a pandemic-ready intensive care unit.
Sarasota Memorial is powered by more than 8,500 staff, making us Sarasota County’s largest employer. Over 750 members of the community contribute their time and skills as hospital volunteers; this includes the 9-member elected and unpaid Sarasota County Public Hospital Board that governs Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
To ensure our continued success, First Physicians Group/SMH is committed to hiring the most talented team members.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Treats all breast surgical oncology patients, high-risk patients, as well as patients with benign breast disease.
- Presides over surgical consults and follow-up patients.
- Assists in identifying those most at risk for developing breast cancer and offers preventive measures and monitoring for these patients.
- Analyzes and interprets laboratory and diagnostic studies in a high-volume practice.
- Provides follow-up care including acute and routine examinations. Assesses progress, identify problems, initiate preventive measures, recognize emergent problems, initiate proper care in collaboration with physician.
- Triages patient problem calls which require medical attention.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic procedures.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as breast abscess incision and drainage.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Proficient in all aspects of wound closure and suturing.
- First assist in surgery experience is preferred.
Highlights of the opportunity:
- Competitive salary
- No contract or non-compete clause, candidates sign offer letters only.
- Full array of benefits offered including health, dental, vision, long term disability, PTO, 403B Retirement Plan, and much more.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, APPs are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- We are a Nonprofit 501(c)(3). APPs can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program if employed by the group.
- No state tax in Florida.
Current NCCPA or ANCC Certification required and must also have active or be eligible for licensure by the State of Florida (Department of Health, Medical Quality Assurance section). BLS and ACLS certification required. Case/Procedure Logs required for credentialing.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's Gulf Coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 29-year history in the community. With over 450+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 45 different specialties and 66 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.