**Family Medicine NP/PA Opening in Michigan**
Located in Saginaw, MI - Midland 20m; Detroit 100m
* Core work hours consist of four weekday shifts from 7:00a to 5:00p with every third rotating weekend shift as scheduled. Every third rotating holiday and on-call coverage is also expected.
* Conducting initial consultation on general surgery patients, including trauma consultations, evaluating and instituting immediate treatment where indicated (inpatient/outpatient).
* Performs first assistant duties in the operating room.
* Attends to patient care needs on surgical units including SICU.
* Responds to nursing and medical staff queries and pages concerning patient needs and condition for patients of designated supervising faculty.
* Attends clinical rounds pre and postoperatively with the surgeon of record providing pertinent information related to patient care needs.
* Coordinates need for consultation of specialty specific services as necessary.
* Performs selected and specified procedures (with appropriate privileges).
* Orders and interprets results of diagnostic tests such as X-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results.
* Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as injections, suturing, tubes, drains and wound care.
* Administers medications and provides fluid management under direction of supervising attending.
* Performs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, maintains ATLS and ACLS certification.
* Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients, and records progress.
* Dictates, documents all admission, progress and discharge findings.
* Related to the above activities, provide periodic after hours/weekend call coverage.
* Exhibits organizational communication and leadership skills, accountability, judgment and decision making.
* Provides general health education regarding matters such as proper diet, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
* Serves as a member of selected committees, as directed by the program director/chair of surgery.
**Preferred Education and Experience:**
* Experience working with Electronic Medical Records and computers
* Two years of clinical experience or completion of a mid-level provider surgical or surgical critical care residency program.
* Experience in an Academic Medical Center or teaching environment.
* Supervisor/Management experience preferred
* Develops and regularly reviews key performance indicators by provider and either modifies clinic workflows and procedures or recommends changes to the Operations Director and Faculty to meet agreed-upon objectives.
* Assists the Operations Director and Physician Leadership in the development of clinical operations policies and procedures; assures adherence to policies and procedures
* Works collaboratively with providers, residents, and clinic leaders to identify and resolve unit operational problems, process improvements and promote a positive patient experience.
* Oversees the day-to-day productivity of staff and coordinates daily assignment of tasks within clinic; intervenes as appropriate to resolve potential or identified problems.
* When appropriate, provides the necessary support to staff, providers and patients regarding complaints and grievances.
* Supervises clinic staff, including orientation and training within the department. Interviews and hires new staff, formally evaluates performance and disciplines/terminates if necessary.
* Acquire and sustain capabilities of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
* Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner educational program.
* National certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
* Existing unrestricted license to practice in Michigan, or able to be licensed in Michigan.
* Current ATLS and ACLS certification, or planned attainment of same.
* Excellent practice history, ability to be insured for liability purposes.