This job is archived
- Ability to identify normal and abnormal findings and initiate appropriate procedure.
- Arterial blood gases/insertion of radial artery line, change central lines
- Closure of sternotomy, thoracotomy, leg and abdominal
- Complete appropriate documentation of all evaluations, care, and services.
- Complete individual daily and/or participate in multidisciplinary rounds with attending physician on all inpatients and documentation of medical plan.
- Dictate Consultations and discharge summaries in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Excision and harvesting of saphenous vein and radial artery in preparation for coronary bypass both open and endoscopically.
- First /second assist in all cardiothoracic cases.
- Maintains BLS, ACLS certification and provides emergent medical intervention as needed until physician arrives.
- Manage discharge of patients with appropriate disposition, follow up planning, adjunctive therapy management and education.
- Orders and evaluates pertinent diagnostic tests (including Radiology, Laboratory, EKG)
- Prepare patients for surgery, including but not limited to counseling in preventive care, medical problems, exercise the use of prescribed treatments and drugs, skin preparation, health promotion and consents.
- Serve as a resource for nursing and ancillary staff with regards to patient disease management and post-operative course.
- Completion of a qualified Physician Assistant Program
- Current certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants
- Valid New Jersey License
- Current BLS card