As a part of Optum Care, the largest network of medical groups in the country, ProHealth Physicians is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our pediatric team in Branford, CT. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(SM)
- Seeking Part-Time in Status
- No Evenings, Weekends, or Call
- Robust Onboarding and Mentorship program
- Flexible Schedule 8:30a-5:00p – Seeking M/W/F (ideally)
- Collegial Practice Site
- 1:1 MA to provider ratio
- Work-Life Balance
What makes an Optum Care organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Physician-led and managed at every level
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Focused on a Quadruple Aim in supporting clinicians as well as patients
- Fortune 5 Organization
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Compensation focused on quality measures, not quantity seen
- Dedicated CME and Excellent PTO package
- Loan Repayment and additional Incentives for eligible providers
- Comprehensive Package of Coverage (Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, and more)
- 401K, Partnership Plan, Credit Union, Growth, and more
About ProHealth Physicians
ProHealth Physicians, a part of Optum Care, is Connecticut’s leading health care delivery organization. ProHealth is focused on reinventing health care to help keep people healthier and feeling their best. Our family of primary care providers and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and well-being. Our premier group currently employs 250 Physicians and 150 APCs in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, otolaryngology, facial plastics, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and sleep medicine.
- Master's degree from an Accredited Nursing or Physician Assistant program
- Current active, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensure in Connecticut (or the ability to obtain prior to start)
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
About Optum Care:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 58,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at [Register to View] .
Would you thrive with Optum Care?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to improve health care?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.