This job is archived
Physician Assistant (PA) - Pain Management job in Pensacola, Florida.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Physician Assistant (PA) Job Overview:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Physician Assistant (PA) Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Master's Degree from a Physician Assistant program
- Graduate from a program recognized by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP)
- Minimum of two (2) continuous years of full-time experience as a Physician Assistant within the preceding three (3) years
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice. Any U.S. state.
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!