This job is archived
Contract position with a Spring 2019 start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encourage to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Physician Assistant (PA) - Pain Management in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Physician Assistant - Pain Management job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system providing a full range of services to the military community.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Days Only
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Physician Assistant (PA) - Pain Management job overview:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care.
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients.
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Physician Assistant (PA) - Pain Management job qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the ARC-PA
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)
- Demonstrated clinical competency as a licensed PA within the past two years.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- Computer competency