This job is archived
CentralCare, Inc. is currently seeking a Physician Assistant to fill openings with a company located in Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio Texas. Interested candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 12 months orthopedic experience in the last 36 months.
- Assist physicians with patient care; properly fits and applies pre-operative braces, crutches, and other soft goods; assists in preparation for and application of casts and orthopedic appliances; changes dressings; removes sutures, casts, and splints.
- Assists physicians and nurses with orthopedic procedures, including wound care, aspirations, minor surgical procedures, fracture reductions, etc.
- Instructs patients in cast and traction care and the use of orthopedic appliances.
- Maintains clean and well-stocked cast and soft goods room; orders special supplies and/or equipment.
- Coordinates data collection resources for the clinic information systems.
- Remains current with orthopedic trends, care and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree/Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Certifications/Licensures: Current BLS
Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA)
Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
Extremely competitive compensation and excellent fringe benefits that include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
CentralCare Inc. is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for all employees. The company complies with applicable employment federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital, or veteran status.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email you updated CV to [Register to View]