We are hiring an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner for a prestigious hospital near Baltimore, MD!
The candidate MUST have extensive Medical Oncology/Hematology experience!
The is a full-time, permanent position to join a Medical Oncology/Hematology practice specializing in the treatment of cancer, blood disorders and malignancies. The qualified candidate will work closely with two board-certified Medical Oncologists in the outpatient setting and share call rotation 1:3.
The candidate must have the Ability to provide comprehensive care to a designated patient population. In collaboration with physicians, will perform physical and psychological patient assessments, diagnose, and treat episodic illnesses. Order and interpret laboratory, radiological, diagnostic studies and other procedures such as bone marrow biopsies (opportunity to add this procedure to skill set once employed). Provide oversight of the administration of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, blood products and supportive therapies. Coordinate and communicate all aspects of care with patients/family and the healthcare team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in hematology/oncology practice and/or in an Oncology infusion center
- Nurse Practitioner with a master’s degree in Nursing or Science.
- CPR, BLS and DEA Certified. Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) preferred or obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses and Certified as a Nursing Practitioner in the State of Maryland.
- Competitive base salary based on years of experience, plus performance bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- Professional dues
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation Allowance