Physician Assistant Certified (PA-C) in Los Angeles and Glendale areas position available to work at Occupational Medicine Clinic in Glendale and/or San Fernando Valley.FULL TIME and PART TIME job opening for an energetic and enthusiastic Physician Assistant/ PA , who is either experienced in Worker's Compensation, Orthopedic, ER, Urgent Care , Family Practice, and/or WILL TRAIN NEW GRADUATES who are hardworking and enthusiastic.
Great work environment while working alongside Orthopedic surgeons, hand surgeon, occupational medicine specialist, with a great team to help you.
Compensation of the Physician Assistant
- Salary: $115-160,000/Year depending on experience and call schedule
- Full Health Benefits, vacation, etc.
- Extra-pay for call
Regular work hours with EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS . EXTRA PAY AND BONUS FOR CALL.
Responsibilities of the Physician Assistant
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients.
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results to assist with surgical procedures of physical examination.
- Explain procedures and aftercare requirements to patients and their families
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
Requirements of the Physician Assistant
- DOT Certified PA with experience in workers compensation is a Plus.
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must be board certified and currently licensed in California
- Must have the ability to work in office, emergency department or hospital
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer and word processing software required.