As a part of Optum Care, the largest network of medical groups in the country, Reliant Medical Group is seeking a Full Time Advanced Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to join our team in Worcester County Region in Massachusetts. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
- Performs age-appropriate physical assessments, evaluation, and treatment for primary care patient base seeking services from the organization
- Sites could include: Worcester, Leominster, Auburn, Southborough, Westborough and Framingham
- Takes history, including chief complaint, presenting illness, past medical history, and interval history. Performs age-appropriate physical exam as it relates to chief complaint
- Orders lab studies when indicated. Identifies differential diagnosis. Assesses severity of patient’s illness and establishes need/time for patient evaluation
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings in the history and physical to establish a diagnosis. Performs tests and procedures as directed by diagnosis
- Establishes age-appropriate plan of care related to patient’s identified problem, including medication, diet, therapeutic procedures, etc.
- Consults with other health team members regarding proposed treatment guidelines as necessary
- Implements plan in safe and effective manner. Utilizes sound judgment in the establishment of priorities in patient’s care and management. Records visit in concise, clear, logical manner
- Evaluates need and/or time for follow-up and document
- Makes and arranges appropriate referrals when necessary
- Evaluates effectiveness of previously implemented medical treatment
- Develops and provides educational materials and/or programs to patients, families, and healthcare professionals
- What makes an Optum Care organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Reliant is a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Massachusetts
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- About Reliant Medical Group
- At Reliant Medical Group, transforming the delivery of health care across Central and Boston Metro-west Massachusetts is our passion. Founded in 1929, we are an established multi-specialty, physician led integrated healthcare delivery system, with 500 providers that care for over 320,000 patients throughout our 19 locations. Recognized nationally for an innovative, sustainable care model and advanced EHR platform, we offer a full range of outpatient primary care and over 30 different specialties including hospital medicine, comprehensive radiology services, and urgent care.
- Reliant Medical Group has a long history of commitment to value-based care and clinical excellence. The organization exceeds the 90th percentile in most HEDIS measures, is among the top provider groups nationally in patient experience and provides care at a cost well below market competitors. Reliant is also committed to the provider experience and understands that the best path to better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are happy, engaged, and productive
- Bachelor’s degree
- National Board Certification
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts board of registration in Nursing
- Maintains BLS certification, professional certification as appropriate
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or Physician Assistant program, Masters level
- 1+ years of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience in a robust OB/GYN practice
- Fluency in EMR systems & technology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
About Optum Care:
At Optum Care, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 64,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at http://www.workatoptum.com/provider.
Would you thrive with Optum Care?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.