Medical Group is seeking a Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, dual certified NNP/PNP (Acute or Primary Care) or Physician Assistant with at least 1 year of PICU/NICU experience to join their team. Applicants with Primary Care PNP training must be willing to become acute care certified.
- Hospital privileges at a 204-bed community hospital and Children’s Hospital
- Opportunity due to programmatic expansion, excellent opportunity for autonomy and providing high-quality rural healthcare
- Clinical responsibilities include: admission & management of newborn and pediatric patients, provider coverage of newborn nursery, provide ED pediatric consults and answer after hours pediatric calls
- Initial and ongoing competencies maintained through intermittent rotations at the Children’s Hospital, hosting a level IV NICU, level II pediatric trauma program, and all subspecialist coverage.
- Supervising physician and physician support from active ECU pediatric physicians
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- Excellent compensation and benefits including relocation
- Must be master's prepared with specialization in Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Eligible for NC RN licensure & NC Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant; National Board Certification as an NP/PA required
Health System is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. It is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, it has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina.
Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
The area is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! It affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options