Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton, NC are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work with its Hospitalist team. Inpatient experience preferred.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at Vidant Chowan Hospital, Edenton, NC
- 7 on/7 off schedule, with 1 call night during work week
- ICU/Critical Care duties; 4-bed ICU
- Average inpatient census is 18 patients per day
- Interdisciplinary rounding, admissions, discharges, coordination of patient & family care needs
- Ability to work independently with daily physician supervision
Vidant Chowan Hospital
Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton is a 25-bed critical access hospital which provides programs and services to 110,000 people in 6 counties. It offers medical and surgical services, including intensive care, a specialty care clinic and a dedicated outpatient surgery area with endoscopy capabilities. A 7- bed emergency department serves approximately 16,000 patients per year.
Edenton, located along the Albemarle Sound, is a showcase of exceptional historic architecture, scenic beauty, and rich history as the first colonial capital of North Carolina. Its unique historic district, vibrant downtown, spectacular sunsets, and beautiful waterfront living make Edenton an easy place to call home.
- Ability to live on the water
- Only 1 hour to Chesapeake, VA and a short drive to the world-famous Outer Banks beaches, various water sport activities and three golf courses.
- Recognized by [Register to View] as one of America’s prettiest towns
- Low cost of living
- Abundance of activities including boating, sailing, fishing, hiking, kayaking and canoeing and so much more
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 550 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.