This job is archived
As an Nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APP's that are provided to our physician providers.
- 486-bed hospital
- An established team of 20 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU
- ED runs codes
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- St. Joseph's has been recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high-quality care, and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona
- Carondelet St. Joseph’s is accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as Chest Pain Center
- Carondelet St. Joseph’s rehabilitation program has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for both its cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- The rehabilitation program at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is by CARF International, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Arizona with 2+ years of practicing hospitalist or acute care nurse practitioner experience
Tucson is situated in the eastern portion of Pima County, Arizona is one of the lushest valleys found in the Sonoran Desert. Surrounded by five unique mountain ranges, opportunities for outdoor exploration are endless. A quick drive along the Catalina Highway-Sky Island National Scenic Byway can take you from the lower elevations of the valley floor to the summit of Mt. Lemmon at 9,157 feet. In roughly an hour this scenic drive traverses seven of the world's nine life zones—the span of ecosystems you'd see driving from Mexico to Canada. The city is bordered on all sides by protected natural areas: Coronado National Forest, Catalina State Park, Ironwood Forest National Monument, and Saguaro National Parks East and West (the best places to see the giant saguaro cactus native only to Southern Arizona and Native Mexico). Because of the variety of terrain and proximity to protected areas and parks Tucson is widely considered one of the world’s best destinations for activities such as hiking, cycling, rock climbing, horseback riding, and just about anything else you would want to do outdoors.
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is a destination that hosts nearly 7 million visitors a year; a place known for outstanding hiking and outdoor adventures, rich cultural traditions, a vibrant arts scene, world-class golf, and great dining; and a thriving desert home to more than 1 million residents. Designated as the first UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in the United States, Tucson is also known worldwide for its culinary traditions and an amazing assortment of restaurants, including those that comprise The Best 23 Miles of Mexican Food - without a doubt the premier destination for Mexican Food in the entire U.S.