Nurse Practitioner - Hospitalist opening in OH
Located in Mount Vernon, Ohio
Full-Time & Permanent
Seeking a Certified Nurse Practitioner to be a part of the hospitalist service.
- Graduate from an accredited program for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Board certification from an approved national certifying organization for Adult or Adult/Gerontology Acute Care trained Nurse Practitioner through a credentialing body recognized by the Ohio Board of Nursing
- Current Standard Care Arrangement with collaborating physician(s)
- Current unrestricted Certificate to Prescribe (CTP or CTP-E for newly graduated NP
- Current unrestricted DEA
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- Medical staff privileges are a prerequisite for hire and continued employment
- A minimum of two (2) years critical care nursing experience
- Acute Care certification required.
- Work schedule will consist of 15.2 shifts, on average, monthly (182.4 shifts annually).
- Care is provided both independently and interdependently as stated in the Standard Care Arrangement with the collaborating physicians.
- Provides direct patient care management, as part of the hospitalist service, to acutely ill patients age 18 years and older requiring hospitalization.
- Responsibilities include initial encounters, obtaining a comprehensive history and performing a physical examination; implementing an initial treatment plan; daily rounds including evaluation and management of ongoing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, ordering, interpreting and follow-up of testing results; patient and family education regarding diagnosis, results, and medications; providing family counseling and end of life care; management of New VisionÂ© patients; collaboration and daily consultation with the hospitalist physicians; manage critical care support for intensive care unit patients; management of hospitalized patients; serving on the Rapid Response Team; serving on various hospital committees; provide staff education and lead quality initiatives.
- A low cost of living combined with excellent recreational, retail, dining, cultural and educational opportunities makes Mount Vernon a very attractive place to live.
- Additionally, Mount Vernon is unique in that it is home to some of the areas largest manufacturing companies as well as nationally ranked institutions of higher learning most notably Kenyon College and Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
- Located just 45 minutes from the state capital, Columbus, it is easy to get away for a larger urban area experience and return to the tranquility of Mount Vernon and its surroundings.