As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline is the largest and foremost acute care medical center in South Texas, offering a full range of diagnostic and surgical services. The Shoreline campus is a premier facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center, and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Shoreline received the 2016 Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center BRONZE PLUS Recognition Award.
- Established team with 14 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- 7 on/7 off
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist on staff (rounding by pulm/CC staff only) and excellent sub-specialty backup
- Run codes on your own patients with ED for backup
- No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; 2 years of recent acute care APP hospitalist experience
Nicknamed the “Sparkling City by the Sea” Corpus Christi has much to offer, with a healthy blend of culture, nature, and entertainment sure to inspire all year round. Within close proximity to South Padre Island, you will surely enjoy the water sports and famous international destinations for kite-boarding or kite-surfing. Other island activities include bicycling, tennis, shelling, and horseback riding on the beach. The popular Laguna Madre Nature Trail for nature enthusiasts and bird-watchers is north of the city next to the convention center.
- Ranked by US News as one of the best places to live based on its affordable and laid-back lifestyle, the thriving economy, and low crime rates
- Texas A&M University’s Corpus Christi campus draws a younger demographic, as does the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi with its aviation program
- Corpus Christi is just a three-hour drive to Houston & Austin and two hours to San Antonio