This job is archived
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Our Palliative Care and Bridges in Complex Care team is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in a Palliative care home health setting in the Central Florida area.
Our palliative care program provides care for some of our sicker patients - patients whose needs are beyond what our care management and clinic-based resources can provide, but for whom hospice services are not appropriate.
“We’re essentially bringing back the ‘black bag’ model of care, where we provide comprehensive resources to treat the whole person.”
~ Elizabeth Glazier, MD
Our program in the Tampa market is growing and the geography is large so we are adding a role in the area. We are searching for a provider who is comfortable with their clinical skills, is a “self-starter”, and has a desire to assist with building the program. The ability to communicate well with other providers, patients, and family members is also essential for this role. We will provide significant training, 3 to 4 months on our model of care.
The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; however, every day will be different so flexibility will be needed. Patients are typically seen one ½ day a week in the clinic, one ½ day in a skilled nursing facility, and the remainder in their homes or via telemedicine. Clinics are located in and around the Tampa area.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP or PA will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Florida Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Florida State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Florida Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Florida State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, FL, Florida, Tampa