ECU Health Physicians and The Outer Banks Hospital, ACoS Commission on Cancer accredited program, in Nags Head, NC are currently seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join its growing oncology program at the Outer Banks Hospital Oncology Hematology center in Nags Head, North Carolina. Oncology experience is required.
- Ability to live in one of the top rated coastal locations in the United States
- Established community cancer program, fully accredited with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer with approximately 150 analytic cases annually; ACRO accredited Radiation Therapy Center
- Established hematology/oncology practice with strong existing referral base and 11bay infusion suite, staffed by all chemo-certified RN staff
- Building a new facility to house all of Cancer Services in one location to open late 2023
- Palliative Care Services provided through a multidisciplinary Symptom Management Team
- Navigation Services including an Oncology Nurse Navigator with established referral relationships at regional academic/tertiary sites for specialty care and an Oncology Social Worker working collaboratively with community partners to support psychosocial needs
- Onsite dietician & outpatient rehabilitation services with physical therapy, occupational therapy, lymphedema services and speech therapy
- Engaging and cohesive team of oncology providers and staff offering the following services: Radiation Therapy, General Surgery, Radiology, Pathology
- Integrative Medicine provider for consultation and referral
- Multidisciplinary cancer committee structure with monthly tumor boards and bi-monthly Breast Tumor Boards
- Over 30 referring providers to the Cancer service line
- Employed (non-academic) position; 100% outpatient with no call
- Support by the ECU Health Cancer Center multidisciplinary team in Greenville, NC
- Integrated EMR is EPIC
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package to include: annual administrative stipend, relocation assistance, vacation, sick, and holidays, malpractice (with tail), 401k, 457b, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
The Outer Banks Hospital
The Outer Banks Hospital (OBH) is a full-service critical access hospital offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. The hospital is designed to meet the needs of the coastal community, whose year-round population of approximately 35,000 swells to about 350,000 in the summer season. The hospital's 21-bed emergency department serves approximately 23,100 patients each year.
OBH is fully accredited, provides high quality care in a compassionate environment to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, and has been nationally recognized for outstanding patient care.
The Outer Banks of North Carolina is a chain of barrier islands stretching from the Virginia border south to Ocracoke Island. Wide beaches, stunning sunsets, world-class fishing and endless outdoor activities are part of daily life. Nags Head’s 11 miles of oceanfront are perfect for those who love the outdoors, offering fishing, swimming, hiking, and hang gliding. However, historic lighthouses, beautiful dunes, and the unique local cuisine make this exquisite area a pleasure for all.
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.