This quaint river town, rich in historical heritage, sits along the bluffs of the majestic Missouri River in northeast Kansas. With a population of about 11,000 people, Atchison maintains a friendly, community-oriented atmosphere with an array of diverse culture, thriving commerce, and exciting entertainment. Atchison is close to large town amenities, but has the small town character.
- Quick drive to St. Joseph, MO, Kansas City, MO, Lawrence, KS and Topeka, KS.
- Many educational opportunities including a public school, K through 12 Catholic School, K-8 Lutheran School, vibrant home schooling community, and 4-year College.
- Multiple city parks, local theatre community, art gallery, new movie theater, recreation commission and YMCA.
- Like Sports? An hour from Sporting KC soccer games, minor league baseball games, and Nascar. Under an hour and a half to Royals major league baseball and NFL Chiefs games.
- Like to travel? Under an hour to Kansas City International Airport