Optum - the largest employer of Providers in the US, is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our practice in Murrieta, CA. We have developed a reputation for providing quality, compassionate care to communities in the Inland Empire and surrounding area.
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day clinical care of patients. The NP or PA manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. The NP or PA is responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Active and unrestricted California NP or PA license
- Board Certified NP or PA
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of outpatient clinical experience
- Fluency in Chinese
- Experience with Women’s Health and/or Pediatrics
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, outpatient clinic, primary care, Murrieta, CA