**Primary Care Nurse Practitioner opening: La Grande, Oregon**
- Full-time, permanent
- Reason for recruitment: Growing region & facility
- Accepting both Family and Internal Med focused candidates
- Fit is very important. The group is an independent hospital that has enjoyed great success. So a strong team player, some who has ties to the region would certainly be a plus as well as someone who is comfortable in a small town.
- Hospital has signed 40 providers in the past 3 years and had tremendous recruitment success.
**Other specialties include:**
- Cardiology, ENT, Ortho, Podiatry, Urology, Nephrology, Ophthalmology, Ob/Gyn, Peds, and a robust panel of primary care providers.
**Compensation and Benefits**
- Paid malpractice.
- 240 hours of earned leave annually.
- Liability insurance
- Loan repayment allowance
**Oregon Tax Credit:**
The State of Oregon offers an income tax credit of 5,000 for physicians practicing in La Grande, which is equivalent to earning another estimated 9,930 in base salary not reflected in the numbers above. [The Credit is applied to Oregon taxes before FICA tax and the estimate is based on tax brackets of 9% for State, 33% for Federal, 1.45% for Medicare and 6.2% for FICA.]
**About the Hospital:**
- Group employs more than 700 people, all dedicated to providing quality health care services.
- Offer a broad range of diagnostic, surgical and therapeutic outpatient services, a Level IV Trauma Emergency Services Department, a Family Birthing Center; Physical, Occupational and Speech Rehabilitation Therapy Services, and Home Care Services providing both home health and hospice care needs.
- They also operate 10 primary and specialty care clinics: the Cardiology Clinic, the Hematology & Oncology Clinic, the Neurology Clinic, the Regional Medical Clinic, the Sleep Clinic, the Specialty Clinic (General Surgery, Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, Otolaryngology (ENT), Urology, and Wound Ostomy Care), the Walk-In Clinic, and the Women's & Children's Clinic (Gynecology, Obstetrics and Pediatrics).
Medical Group has led the region in efforts to stabilize and secure rural health care services for the communities served, while also working to improve the quality of life of all residents. Located in beautiful Union County, Oregon, they are privileged to serve a local population of more than 25,000 residents, as well as the greater Eastern Oregon and southeast Washington region. They are a state and nationally recognized and award winning, privately held, not-for-profit health system that includes a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital and 10 outpatient clinics.