This job is archived
- Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
- Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates adult patients, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnoses and treats disease and manages chronic illness.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Orders appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interprets results.
- Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
- Bachelor s Degree required, Master s Degree preferred.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
- At least one year of experience as a Physician Assistant
- Certification as a Physician Assistant from a New York State approved accrediting body or be eligible for board certification.
- Current and unrestricted licensed Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration.
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.