This job is archived
- Perform complete patient histories and physical examinations.
- Order laboratory tests and x-rays, perform and/or interpret laboratory and test results, and initiates treatment.
- Perform routine or emergency procedures including but not limited to casts, splints, irrigation and suturing of wounds or incisions, drainage of abscesses, insertion of intravenous lines, sampling of arterial blood, etc.
- Write appropriately authorized prescriptions; may prescribe controlled substances under appropriate physician countersignature.
- Initiate or participate in initial management and stabilization of patients or other medical or surgical emergencies.
- Confer with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, etc., to ensure delivery of optimum quality of patient care.
- Coordinate follow-ups for patients, obtain informed consent from patient, recall patients for further evaluation and treatment.
- Complete and document participation in continuing medical education required of physician assistants in order to meet requirements for certification, including assigned lectures and conferences.
- May perform preoperative and post-operative evaluation and render related medical care as necessary.
- Valid NYS Physician Assistant license
- 2+ years of experience as physician assistant preferably in a large-scale healthcare organization
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification strongly preferred