Physician Assistant (PA) - Occupational Health in Knob Noster, Missouri.
The Physician Assistant job is a civilian position on Whiteman Air Force Base. Civilian and military healthcare providers provide a full range of services to the military community.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday day primary work schedule
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Physician Assistant (PA) job overview:
Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician
Responsible for a regularly appointed clinic, compatible with workload and, in addition, provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur. Shall have the capability to:
- Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Perform a general physical examination.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of assigned patients.
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
Admit inpatients as per the local MTF instructions.
Recognize those more complicated cases, initiate treatment (if appropriate), and refer to a higher level of medical expertise for diagnosis and/or treatment.
Plan and initiate proper treatment within defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility.
Identify and report those situations and individual cases which have public health significance and carry out effective control measures.
Clearly communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis, and planned treatment regimen.
Stabilize and manage a patient in a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care.
Determine appropriate means of evacuation of emergency patients, prepare patients for evacuation, and arrange for evacuation support.
Perform the following blocks: Digital, Local Infiltration, and Intercostal
Perform urological procedures.
Maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with MTF procedures.
Shall work with base personnel (DPCLC) on medically disqualified, compensation, and limited duty programs. Shall assist in the investigations of illness and injuries for both active duty military and civilian personnel. In addition, the shall support Occupational Medicine Services (OMS), Aerospace Medicine and Civilian Personnel on coordination and compilation of compensation data relevant to adjudicating and/or controverting compensation claims.
Physician Assistant (PA) job qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the ARC-PA
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)
- Clinical competency within the past two years for service specific requirements
- At least 24 months within the last 36 months as a PA
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- Computer competency (Microsoft programs, Outlook, and internet familiarity)
Come join our team!