This job is archived
Any U.S. state license honored!
The picturesque Thousand Island region of upstate New York is surrounded by the Great Lakes, Adirondack Mountains, and Canada. The Black River has Class III and IV white water rafting from the Spring to the Fall. The region is an outdoor adventure from hiking to skiing.
It is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fantastic medical system serving an inspiring patient population.
Come join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals! At FSR, you will be valued!
- Outpatient clinic
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Days only
- PTO + paid federal holidays
- competitive compensation
- benefit package
- malpractice insurance provided
Physician Assistant Job Overview:
- Perform medical examinations and treatment in the specialty of Orthopedics.
- Initiate requests for laboratory tests and x-rays, as appropriate. Follow-up of abnormal reports is the responsibility of the ordering physician.
- Prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with GAHC and CTMC directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required.
- Initiate requests for tests and imaging as appropriate.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, and in accordance with the privileges, MTF rules, and regulations.
- Refer all requests for patient/MTF information that cannot be handled by clinic personnel to the Patient Administration Division.
- Perform a general physical examination
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within the HCP's defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility
Physician Assistant Job Qualifications:
- Two (2) years within the past five (5) years as a licensed P.A.
- Orthopedic experience
- Graduate: Physician Assistant educational program accredited by CAHEA
- Physician Assistant Certification by the NCCPA
- PA License - valid, unrestricted. any U.S. state or jurisdiction honored.
- DEA Certification