This job is archived
Physician Assistant - Aerospace Medicine job in Valdosta, Georgia.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Conduct special operational evaluations, including (but not limited to) Preventive Health Assessment (PHA) for flyers/aircrew members/special duty personnel, initial certification exams for flying/special duty applicants.
- Adjudicate Aeromedical disposition for flying/special operational duty. The term "aeromedical disposition" includes drafting and reviewing aeromedical waivers, approving Duties Not to Include Flying/Controlling/Jumping (DNIF/DNIC/DNIJ), and return-to-fly documentation on the 2292 form.
- Conduct adaptability rating assessment for military special duty applicants.
- Applying medical, fitness and profiling standards
- Review, interpret, and act upon medical surveillance data relating to the Occupational Health program
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, review meetings, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to assigned cases and/or performance of services
- Participate in meetings to evaluate the fitness for duty and aeromedical status of enrollees of the Flight Medicine Clinic or other occupationally relevant populations.
- Meetings could include Flight and Operational Health Working Group (FOMWG), Deployment Availability Working Group (DAWG), Aeromedical Council Meeting (AMC) and others as recommended the Chief of Aerospace Medicine (SGP).
- Evaluate service members for fitness for duty in regards to Permanent Change of Station (PCS) clearances, cross training and other medical clearances as assigned by the Base Operational Medicine Cell (BOMC)
- Participate in the Medical Evaluation Board process through discussing cases, writing narrative summaries, updates, Review-In-Lieu Of (RILO) documentation and amendments based on VA examination results.
Physician Assistant - Aerospace Medicine Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- PALS - preferred
- ACLS - preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- 24 months experience within the last 48 months as a PA in a comparable setting
- 35 hours of direct patient care in the past year.
- Needs to have either previously attended or will be required to attend the Aerospace Medicine Primary Course 201 within 6 months of starting
- PA-C Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)
Contract position with a Spring 2019 start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encourage to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!