Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full-time, 40-hour Physician Assistant to join our healthcare team at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility, Ypsilanti, MI.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Physician Assistant
- Graduate of an accredited college/university Physician Assistant program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
- Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Physician Assistant
Corizon Health Physician Assistant utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Physician Assistants also…
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
- Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
- Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
- Document all healthcare contacts
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
- Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Physician Assistant
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- Minimal on-call
- No overhead
- Medical & Dental
- Company matched retirement plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.