This job is archived
Title: Psychiatric Physician Assistant
Location: Northern New Jersey, NJ 07044
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Physician Assistant for a management service organization (MSO) in New Jersey. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work as a part of the multidisciplinary health care team in the primary care setting, focusing on the behavioral health needs of the patient. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide culturally competent, age and education level appropriate behavioral health care. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
- Collaborate with the medical providers to develop programs and working relationships that promote shared approaches to the evaluation, treatment planning, and monitoring of common mental health conditions.
- Provide a variety of therapeutic mental health treatments including, but not limited to counseling, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and initiation, titration, and monitoring of psychiatric medications.
- Establish and modify patient treatment plan based on clinical assessment as well as accepted standards of practice, cultural competence and patient’s understanding.
- Document responses to those treatments.
- Formulate differential diagnoses.
- Provide episodic visits to monitor acute and chronic mental health conditions.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant school
- Currently licensed by the New Jersey as a Physician Assistant
- At least two years of experience in behavioral health field either acute or primary care.
- Must be detailed-oriented, possess excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Record (EHR) required.