This job is archived
Sound Physicians’ advanced practitioners enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Canyon Vista Medical Center is a 100-bed full-service, Joint Commissioned acute care hospital that is easily accessible from all areas surrounding the city.
- 24 bed ED, 12 bed ICU, and 10-bed telemetry unit
- Volume of ED – 28,000
- Level III Trauma center
- Teaching hospital with an internal medicine and family medicine residency program
- Sound Physicians hospitalist program
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
The Sound Physicians emergency medicine leadership recognizes the medical team as key to the success of our hospital partnerships. The clinical onboarding of all our nurse practitioners and physician assistants is a coordinated process that recognizes the skill level of the APP based on a tiered approach to their clinical experience. While the EM APP onboarding program is standardized, it is guided and overseen at the site level by site-specific leaders.
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in AZ required and a minimum of 1-year post-training EM experience
With a population of just over 44,000 and increasing every year, Sierra Vista is located in the beautiful high desert of southeast Arizona. Nestled in the San Pedro River Valley, just 75 miles southeast of Tucson with spectacular mountain views and a year-round temperate climate. Sierra Vista is within an hour’s drive of an abundance of amazing outdoor activities. You will be surrounded by mountains, beautiful desert landscapes, and some of the nation’s most historic parks. Perfect for exploring and hiking!