At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise. Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. As the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- This is a Nocturnist position
- Emergency Medicine PA/NP experience required – minimum of 2 years preferred
- ED Volume: 45,000
- Modern department arranged in multiple zones with 47 ED treatment rooms, 11 rooms in the cardiac observation unit, plus 30 beds in the primary observation unit
- Physician-in-triage program
- Patient population is high acuity with a good primary care base; admission rate is 38%
- Full specialty support with very few patient conditions requiring transfer to other facilities
- Active EM ultrasound service
- The Genesys Emergency Medicine Residency Program is an ACGME accredited program
- Comprehensive EMS education includes Genesys’ Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic), and Paramedic training programs
As the leading health care provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys is anchored by a 21st century inpatient facility - Ascension Genesys Hospital at Health Park in Grand Blanc, Michigan - one of the first medical centers of its kind built both clinically and architecturally around a patient-focused care philosophy.
- 410-bed center includes a Level II Emergency Trauma Center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and expertise in: orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and minimally invasive surgical procedures in almost every specialty area
- Healthgrades Five-Star Distinguished Hospital Award winner for Clinical Excellence
- Founding member and training site in the Statewide Campus System (SCS) of Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The SCS is a partnership of 20 major teaching hospitals and Michigan State University that offers all the benefits and advantages of a nationally recognized university combined with the opportunity for hands-on clinical training, SCS enhances the diversity of the clinical experience and strengthens the organization and planning for residency programs
- Strong commitment to Graduate Medical Education hosting residencies in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Podiatry and Orthopedic Surgery
- Hosts fellowships in Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Psychology, and Cardiology
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
The City of Grand Blanc, Michigan is located in Genesee County approximately 50 minutes north of metro Detroit (4 miles north of the Oakland County line), 15 minutes southeast of Flint and 35 minutes north of Auburn Hills. Saginaw and Holly Roads are major thoroughfares for the area, both of which provide direct access to I-75. Northern Oakland County offers a number of upscale residential areas with high-quality schools and housing, plus easy access to both Detroit and Flint airports. There are abundant shopping and dining opportunities in numerous adjacent communities. There are also countless recreational activities available for the outdoor enthusiast.