Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.Requirements:
- Emergency Medicine PA/NP experience required – minimum of 2 years preferred
- 350-Bed, urban facility
- Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1875, Saint Vincent Health Center is Erie’s first hospital.
- Full-service, mission-driven tertiary care and teaching hospital with a strong commitment to quality.
- Saint Vincent has evolved into an integrated health system and is part of the Allegheny Health Network, providing patients with an outpatient network spread across the region.
- Saint Vincent remains a member of the community, and continues to provide a continuum of services to fit the health care needs of the region.
- In addition to an osteopathic emergency medicine residency training program, Saint Vincent also hosts residencies in ENT, family medicine, internal medicine, ophthalmology and orthopedics, and a fellowship in sports medicine.
- Saint Vincent has been nationally recognized for quality, recently becoming one of only two hospitals in the country to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance for three consecutive years.
- ED Volume: 51,000
- Brand-new 39-bed ED provides for a highly-functioning department
- Modern and well-equipped department includes 2 ultrasound machines, 2 types of video laryngoscopes, and more
- STEMI Center with Heart Stat Program affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Vascular Institute
- Stroke Center with collaboration with The Cleveland Clinic Telestroke Network for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients through new video-conferencing telemedicine equipment
- Hospital provides full diagnostic and lab capabilities including CT, open MRI and ultrasound
- Nursing staff is among the most experienced in the region
- Active in EMS, Saint Vincent’s emergency department provides medical command to multiple services and offers education and training to local providers
- For stroke care, Saint Vincent Hospital collaborates with Allegheny General Teleneorology.
- EPIC EMR
Erie is a very livable city situated directly between Cleveland, OH, Buffalo, NY and Pittsburgh, on the south-central shores of Lake Erie. There are a number of beautiful, established suburban and urban communities including lakeside developments and tree-lined streets with Victorian homes proximate to excellent public and private schools. Abundant recreational options include arts and culture (Erie Philharmonic, Erie Art Museum, and several theatre companies), semi-pro and professional sports (Seawolves baseball, Otters -Ontario Hockey League, BayHawks NBA development team to name a few) plus collegiate sports from Gannon University, Mercyhurst College, Edinboro University and Penn State-Behrend. There is also a local NASCAR track. Outdoor recreation includes Presque Isle State Park beaches, the Seaway Trail along the lakefront, and a variety of ski resorts in the region. The region is also famous for growing grapes and produces the third-largest amount of wine in the United States. The Erie International Airport provides for many daily flights and connections for convenient travel.Benefits
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401 (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group