This job is archived
Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
Located on the southwest side of Waco near the intersection of Highway 84 and Highway 6, Providence Health Center is a 237-bed acute-care hospital. This facility--the first hospital in Waco--is the centerpiece of an expansive campus that includes an Ambulatory Services Building for outpatient procedures and the MRI Center at Providence; Providence Medical Plaza, a professional office building; and Providence Clinic-Family Medicine Center, a primary care facility.Emergency Department
- ED Volume: 65,000
- ED beds: 51
- Patients/Hour: 2.1
- Admission Rate: 18%
- Coverage: 10-hour shifts with 70 hours of physician coverage and 34-40 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Scribe support
- Certified stroke and chest pain center
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Compensation: The greater of Hourly or RVUs
- Documentation: Epic
Situated halfway between the exciting Texas cities of Austin and Dallas, Waco is a charming and growing mid-sized city of more than 200,000 residents. Baylor University features prominently in the city's character, with more than 15,000 students who keep the population young and vibrant. Baylor also offers the excitement of Big 12 athletics, with competitive teams in football, basketball, and other sports. Waco is also the birthplace of Dr Pepper! Don't miss visiting the Dr Pepper museum, as well as the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. For nature lovers, the 416-acre Cameron Park and the 52-acre Cameron Park Zoo are situated along the beautiful Brazos River.
New Bern is a picturesque, near-coastal town with outstanding views situated at the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers with a population of 30,000 people. There are river views in virtually all directions, a thriving downtown with lots of restaurants, boutiques, antique stores, and multiple historical attractions (New Bern is the second oldest town in NC). There are also loads of outdoor activities available with easy access to multiple walking trails as well as the Atlantic coast by boat or car. Low cost of living with quality housing options are available in communities with excellent schools including private and parochial options. Enjoy a high quality of life with abundant recreational amenities.
New Bern is also home to a beautiful new airport providing frequent flights and easy access to connections through Charlotte on US Airways and Atlanta on Delta.
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group