This job is archived
Seeking Experienced Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner at CarolinaEast.
At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
- 350-bed community hospital situated in a wonderful, mid-sized town on the eastern seaboard
- In addition to Internal Medicine Hospitalist service, we have General Surgery, Orthopedic, and Critical Care Intensivist Hospitalists for admissions.
- Radiologists read all studies 24-7
- Medical staff of over 230 representing most major specialties, including: hospitalist admissions, general surgery admissions, orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Spine Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Interventional cardiology, Thoracic/Cardiovascular Surgery and inpatient psychiatry.
- Neurology and Psychiatry consultations readily available in ED using telemedicine program.
- Code Stroke program in coordination with East Carolina University facilitates easy transfers for patients needing acute neuromuscular interventions.
- Modern equipment includes helical and conventional CT scanners, MRI (3-T) and PET-CT
- Responsive lab and x-ray with turnaround times of less than one hour; primary service provider for a three county area; and regional health center for a five county area
- Primary service provider for a three-county area; and regional health center for a five county area
- ED Volume: 68,000
- 20% admission rate, representing 35-40% of total hospital admissions
- 33 main ED treatment rooms plus 15 minor care beds during peak service hours
- Dedicated radiology suites in the ED and minor care area, with bedside ultrasound in the main ED
- 2 new Sonosite US machines dedicated to ED for POC US
- Mini lab in ED and minor care area use Point of Care testing
- Provider in Triage staffed by APPs during high volume periods.
- The main ED and minor care rooms are staffed with advanced practice practitioners (APP’s)
- Flexible documentation system using templates and voice recognition
- Emergency physicians do not write admitting orders
- Excellent ACLS certified nursing staff
New Bern is a picturesque, near-coastal town with outstanding views situated at the confluence of the Trent and Neuse Rivers with a population of 30,000 people. There are river views in virtually all directions, a thriving downtown with lots of restaurants, boutiques, antique stores, and multiple historical attractions (New Bern is the second oldest town in NC). There are also loads of outdoor activities available with easy access to multiple walking trails as well as the Atlantic coast by boat or car. Low cost of living with quality housing options are available in communities with excellent schools including private and parochial options. Enjoy a high quality of life with abundant recreational amenities.
New Bern is also home to a beautiful new airport providing frequent flights and easy access to connections through Charlotte on US Airways and Atlanta on Delta.Benefits
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group