As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. The Critical Care APP works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team comprised of experienced Critical Care physicians and APPs. You will have the support necessary practice evidence-based medicine in keeping with protocols and processes designed and utilized by Sound Physicians’ Critical Care program in the ICU.
Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital, a 391-bed, tertiary care facility located in Richmond's West End, has been serving the central Virginia patient population for more than 40 years. As part of the Bon Secours Richmond Health System and the larger Bon Secours Health System which serves communities in six states, St. Mary's is home to multiple centers of excellence including heart failure, hip and knee joint replacement and primary stroke. The health system is dedicated to serving those in need through ministry and world-class care in every aspect.
- 6 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners
- 36-bed ICU with medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro populations
- Full subspecialty support
- Modified block schedule with 12-hour shifts
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU
- Actively present and participate in daily multi-disciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in VA and active BLS/ACLS certification. Minimum 3 years’ practice experience as NP/PA required with recent critical care experience
Richmond, Virginia is one of the countries fasted growing communities and offers residents the convenience and culture of a metropolitan lifestyle as well as endless recreational options. The James River is one of Richmond's most unique attractions and boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands with an idyllic riverfront that lends to the ultimate outdoor lifestyle. Richmond is home to many unique cultural centers that offer something special for everyone. Outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, craft breweries, wine bars, and endless shopping choices are dotted throughout the region. Foodies are drawn to Richmond for the diverse and artistically designed restaurants that are spread throughout the city and outlying communities. Simply put, Richmond has it all!