This job is archived
Vidant Medical Group and The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in its Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Nurse Practitioner applicants should be acute care trained. ICU experience is preferred.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Established CICU team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Ability to work with intensivists, cardiologists, and thoracic surgeons
- 24 bed CICU in a 128 bed, state of the art cardiovascular center
- (14) 12 hour shifts per month; including nights and weekends
- No call required
- Ability to perform procedures
- Inpatient experience is as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant preferred
- Excellent Benefits package
Vidant Medical Group
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
East Carolina Heart Institute
The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center is eastern North Carolina’s preferred facility for cardiovascular services. The six-story, 375,000-square-foot tower houses clinical space, diagnostic services and cardiovascular operating rooms, including a hybrid operating room. It features 120 beds for patients undergoing procedures for cardiac medicine, cardiac surgery and vascular surgery.
Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area