Robust Cardiac Surgery Group In the Beautiful City of Houston, Texas is hiring an experienced Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant for the Lead/Chief Position!
This opportunity is a working lead role, this will still be 80% OR/Clinical and about 20-25% Lead responsibilities. Ultimately the organization sees more growth for the dept, very well could lead into further growth/responsibilities. Additional focus will include coordinating provider schedules and training needs, optimizing work flows, and collaboration with physician and administrative leadership for optimal staffing utilization.
Cases performed: Minimally invasive; CABG; TAVR, complex aortic surgery, cardiac tumors; Minimally invasive valve surgery; minimally invasive coronary surgery; mediastinoscopy; thymectomy; marfan syndrome, mechanical circulatory support; heart transplantation; coronary artery disease; coronary artery anomalies; aortic arch reconstruction; adult congenital heart disease. Our program does over 1,000 Heart Surgeries Annually and has over 5 surgeons! On-Call is only 1/11 ratio, very limited!
What makes this practice unique/good place to work?
Our cardiovascular Care is committed to delivering the best individualized care. Patients have access to a highly trained and integrated group of cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular anesthesiologists, intensivists and a team of specialized health care professionals.
Our specialists take an aggressive approach in diagnosing and treating patients in all areas of specialties. In research and in the clinic, we use optical mapping techniques to better illustrate mechanisms, pushing treatment to a higher, more precise level. Our program is the highest nationally ranked hospital in Texas for heart with new state of the art clinical facility including 4 hybrid rooms; 11 CV operation rooms.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate from accredited Physician Assistant program by NCCPA
- Minimum of one (1) year of cardiac surgery first assist experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- PA-C credential, licensed and credentialed by the Texas Board of Physician Assistants
- Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration within 6 months of hire
- American Heart Association BLS
- American Heart Association ACLS
- Use of critical thinking skills and clinical judgment to work autonomously as defined by the Board of Physicians Assistants
- Accepts accountability for outcomes in healthcare
Strong Compensation and Comprehensive benefits: Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Life, Disability, CME Monies, Vacation Time and MUCH MORE!