Caring Veteran Assessment groups seeks a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to conduct assessments for the people who sacrificed the most for our country!!
avg. ONLY 4 patients per day! 1-2 hours per patient. No evenings, no call, no weekends, no prescribing.
About the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role:
- typically 9a-3p/5p days, seeing 2-5 veterans per day, spend lots of time with the patients (typically its 1-2 hours per patient/veteran)
- 3-5 days a week. Ideally 5 days a week. This is a long-term position if you want it to be.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - NPs and PAs are performing disability assessments on Veterans for the VA. Broad overview: Reviewing Veteran medical records, lengthy history with the Veteran to understand their condition and how it is military service related, physical assessment and documentation of findings. This is a no prescribing / non treating role. A low liability role.
- you will be paid a Daily Pay Rate that typically equates to $55-70/hr. But on shorter days (4-6 hour days) this could equate to $80-131/hr. NPs and PAs are paid the 'Day Rate', despite the number of hours worked / even if the day ends after 4 hours.
- You will be paid every 2 weeks. You will be fully trained before conducting these assessments.
- The veterans truly appreciate the work being done for them by the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, more so than the average patient going to a typical health system.
Ideal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant:
- Is investigative in nature, wants to understand the veterans claim and collect evidence
- Someone who can stay focused on 1 patient at a time vs. bouncing between 20 patients per day
Someone who can stay unbiased and collect medical evidence