- News and Events
- Career Trends
- Physician Assistants
- Employer News
- Physician News
DocCafe.com Sponsors 2019 US Physician Recruitment Industry Trends Survey
Staffing Industry Analysts, in partnership with the National Association of Physician Recruiters, conducted the 2019 US Physician Recruitment Industry Trends Survey. The full results of the survey will be published at the end of February to the 24 respondent organizations, which include a cross section of NAPR facility in-house physician recruiters, retained search firms and contingency search firms. A few preliminary findings from the survey are below:
- In aggregate, the physician recruitment firms reported 17% revenue growth in 2018.
- Across respondents, the mix of 2018 physician placements was highest in primary care, followed by internal medicine subspecialties and hospitalists.
- The top three factors cited that drove success in securing placements were related to positive client trends, candidate marketing and process improvements.
- Survey respondents reported that 51% of physician placements were made into hospital settings, followed by 27% placed into private practice. The remaining physician placements were made into federal qualified health centers, contract management groups, academic settings and other settings.
- Across all recruitment organizations, job boards and email campaigns were cited as the most frequently used lead sources, followed by company website, referrals, cold calls and text messaging.
The full report is available only to recruitment organizations that completed the survey. An executive summary of the report will be presented on Feb. 20 at NAPR’s 2019 Annual Convention in La Jolla, Calif., and again during an NAPR webinar scheduled for May 22. The SIA NAPR 2019 survey was sponsored by Wolters Kluwer and DocCafe.com.